I had this for dinner last night and it was the bomb, plus very low carb, check it out.
1. Make your mince layer by frying, or better still slow cooking your beef mince, onion, garlic, sea salt, pepper and herbs with a touch of tomato puree. (herbs used were parsley, oregano and basil).
2. Whilst your meat layer is cooking, slice some aubergine, cover in olive oil and roast for about 10 minutes each side. Your aubergine can be as thick as your preference suggests.
3. In a separate bowl, mix ricotta cheese, parmesan, and eggs until smooth.
4. Layer up your baking dish with your meat, aubergine and cheesy mixture and bake for about 20-25 minutes.
5. Take your time and enjoy.
Beef mince (a good handful portion)
garlic cloves (to your taste)
sea salt and pepper
1 tub of ricotta cheese
handful of parmesan